Introduction to the Division of Academic Development
The missions of our division are: to create a research-friendly environment for the faculty members, to strengthen the academic resources, to promote the collaboration with both domestic and foreign academic institutions, and to improve the academic reputation of NCHC both domestically and internationally. The aims are the following:
- ◎Guide the development of key research areas and set up school-wide competitive projects.
- ◎Establish guidelines and assist the cooperations between the university and other domestic academic institutes.
- ◎Support various academic activities including hosting conferences, workshops, and forums.
- ◎Handle university-level awards and honors of academic achievements for individual faculty members.
- ◎Subsidies faculties and students to go abroad for attending academic meeting and conduct short-term collaboration projects.
- ◎Manage the affairs of academic research ethics of the university
Specific job description
- 1. Managing academic research funds for the 10 colleges at NCHU. (Ms. Yueh-Hsien Hsiao and Ms. Tzu-Ling Ko)
- 2. Analyzing the research performance and academic achievements of colleges (Ms. Yueh-Hsien Hsiao and Ms. Li-Ying Yang)
- 3. Evaluating the research performance and academic achievements of individual faculty members. (Ms. Yueh-Hsien Hsiao and Ms. Li-Ying Yang)
- 4. Managing fundings and financial support for faculties and graduate students for attending international conferences. (Ms. Tzu-Ling Ko)
- 5. Managing fundings and financial support for visiting international scholars to and conduct collaborations with NCHU and vice versa (including those NCHU faculty members who go abroad and conduct short-term research projects (Ms. Li-Ying Yang and Ms. Tzu-Ling Ko)
- 6. Managing fundings and financial support for faculties to host academic conferences. (Ms. Yueh-Hsien Hsiao)
- 7. Managing the affairs of academic research ethics including: promotion of the awareness on research ethics, hosting on-campus workshops and organizing online training courses on various topics on research ethics, and monitoring the status and gathering the statistics of those completed the training (Ms. Chin-Hui Lu)